Is lodging included with a big game hunt?

Lodging is included with a big game hunt. Lodging also includes home cooked meals. Enjoy on site lodging in one of our six private cabins overlooking a small lake. Bring a fishing pole, fishing is on us during your hunt. Non hunting guests $125+tax per night for lodging and meals.

How do deposits and payments work?

If you are booking a Big Game Controlled Shooting Area Hunt, a deposit of $2,500 is required at time of reservation. If a member of your party does not show for the hunt, the $2,500 deposit is forfeited. All Free-Range Deer hunts require a $500.00 deposit, which is non-refundable*. When booking a Turkey or Waterfowl hunt, a deposit of 50% of your balance must be paid at time of reservation*. Balance of your hunt cost is due upon arrival at our lodge. *This payment is non-refundable.

Is a hunting permit required?

Kansas Hunting License (Resident and Nonresident Hunting License required for Free Range Hunting) a Timber Hills Hunting / Fishing Permit included in package. (Preserve hunts do not require a state license)*unless notified by THL staff*. It is the responsibility of the hunter to obtain the proper permits and licenses. All of the hunting permits and licenses are available for purchase on-line. Please go to the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Website for further details.

What are the hunt schedules?

Hunt Schedules Three Days / Two Nights * (Arrive between 7am and Noon) Day One – Hunt from 1 pm – Dark Day Two – Hunt from 6 am – Dark Day Three – Hunt from 6am – depart after evening hunt or stay the night and depart in the morning Free Range Deer Hunts (5 Days) (Arrive between 7am and Noon) Day One – Hunt from 1 pm- Dark Day Two through Day Five – Hunt from Daylight – Lunch – Hunt until Dark Depart that evening or the next morning * On large game hunts booking may be extended up to 3 days for a nominal charge. Special hunts can be arranged. Self guided hunts can be arranged.

What should I pack for my hunt?

  • Gun/Bow
  • Gun/Bow Case
  • Shells/Arrows
  • Comfortable Boots
  • Shooting Glasses
  • Hearing Protection
  • Hunter Orange Hat and Vest
  • Camouflage Gear / Outerwear
  • Comfortable Hunting Clothes (appropriate for time of year)
  • Coolers for Game Transport
  • Dogs (optional)
  • Binoculars (optional)
  • Camera (optional)

Note: Anyone born on or after July 1, 1957 must have completed a certified hunter safety course to hunt wild animals in Kansas. Please visit the KDWP home page for further information.

What are the different hunting seasons?

For more information regarding Hunting Seasons please refer to the Kansas Sportsman's Calendar.

Are there any required waivers?

Each guest must fill out and sign two waivers before visiting. These can be filled out electronically by clicking the button below. Please contact us at manager@timberhillslake.com with any questions.

Sign Waivers